Saturday, January 18, 2014

Great Is Thy Faithfulness

Thursday was my birthday and I had a lot to celebrate. It’s been two years since I hurt my neck and I am still amazed at the miracles God has done. During excruciating pain, He sustained me. When facing the fear of possible surgery, He made another way. He used pain to teach me perseverance and compassion and dependence on Him. And through it all, He demonstrated His great faithfulness and love every day.

So did His servants. My pastor anointed me and prayed faithfully for my healing as did dozens of friends. They called, sent emails and cards, and in so many ways lifted my spirits during one of the most difficult challenges I have ever faced. So this year, I am celebrating the unshakable faithfulness of God and those who love me and believed in His promises.

“Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
    for His compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
    great is Your faithfulness.
I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion;
    therefore I will wait for him.”  Lamentations 3:22-24

No comments:

Post a Comment