Thursday, January 11, 2018

Do You Have a Plan?

“We can make our own plans, but the Lord gives the right answer…Commit your actions to the LORD, and your plans will succeed.” –Proverbs 16:1,3

January is the month for dreaming. For thinking about all the exciting possibilities of a bright new year. And so I started 2018 in my usual fashion, pondering what I would like to accomplish in the next 365 days. One thing that is really important to me is maintaining and improving communication with friends and family. I also want to visit loved ones I haven’t seen in a few years. Plus, I want to revamp my exercise program and devote more time to writing. But I know these are simply nebulous goals which I may or may not have some level of success achieving. Then last week a friend forwarded me a motivational email reminding readers that simply having a dream isn’t sufficient to make the dream come true; for that, one has to have a plan. So the email advice was timely and I’ve realized I need to come up with a concrete action plan if I want to celebrate my success next January. For now, the plan is still in the development stage, but I’ve already begun taking actions to make needed changes. Still, as in all things in my life, I am devoting the matter to prayer. After all, what better way to ensure success than to consult the One who already knows what the next year holds for me? So, I am taking all of my heart’s desires to Him, asking for wisdom, guidance, clarity, and a real, executable plan. Ultimately, if I seek Him with humility, forethought, and the right motivation, God will help me align my plan with His.

No comments:

Post a Comment